Make a difference in 2021
Unprecedented numbers of people visited Snowdonia last year, eager to enjoy the beautiful National Park.
‘Staycations’ will be massive again in 2021, with people longing for escape after a winter of lockdown, so Snowdonia could be even busier.
This is why we need your help.
Snowdonia Society is working with Snowdonia National Park Authority, the Outdoor Partnership and the National Trust to run a volunteer programme to help manage visitor impacts.
Last year, volunteer teams were out in high season, giving information to visitors, clearing litter and providing back-up for hard-pressed Warden services.
Those volunteers did a great job. This year an even bigger team is needed. Our aim is to provide coverage at more locations over a longer season, so more visitors are helped and more local communities supported.
- Every volunteer will have a full induction and training, risk assessments, PPE provided, and Covid-safety protocols regularly updated.
- For those keen to take on more responsibility a free professional Outdoor First Aid course will be available.
- You will have flexibility to select shifts which suit you and to volunteer as frequently or infrequently as you wish.
- The scheme will run from April (lockdown rules dependent) through till September so there will be ample opportunities for everyone to get involved.
- The vital work of volunteers on the ground will be supported by online messaging, to help visitors make the best choices they can; so they have a better trip, the National Park is protected, and local communities are supported.
Get in touch:
Registration will open in March. In the meantime please email firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest and to receive a notification when registration opens.
Help us to help people to:
- Plan a safe trip
- Discover new places
- Protect Snowdonia
#plan #discover #protect
We are grateful for the support of Welsh Government in the planning and preparation stage of this work.