Find Tŷ Hyll
Tŷ Hyll (the Ugly House) is on the A5 between Capel Curig and Betws y Coed, where the A5 crosses the Llugwy river.
Tŷ Hyll, Capel Curig, Conwy
Not travelling by car? See Alternative travel.
No admission fee
There is no charge to visit Tŷ Hyll, the Honeybee Room or the garden. However, as a registered charity, we welcome donations towards their upkeep.
The garden and woodland are open all day every day all year round.
Tearoom and Honeybee Centre:
Now until December 2nd 2019 10am to 4pm7 days a week
December 2019 – Closed (closes December 2nd)
January 2020 – Closed
February 2019 – re opens 14th February 10am to 4pm
Tearoom bookings & enquiries
For groups of 8 or more visiting the tearoom, please contact them to book in advance:
Enquiries about Tŷ Hyll, the Honeybee Room & the gardens
This is a summary. Please refer to our full Access Statement for more detail.
- We welcome assistance dogs in all areas of the house and grounds
- There is one parking space reserved for Blue Badge holders in the upper car park
- The main entrance is not wheelchair accessible; we suggest wheelchair users use the second entrance approximately 10 metres further up the side road
- The tearoom is on the ground floor of the house and accessible via a ramp or steps; there is level access throughout the tearoom.
- We regret that access to the Honeybee Room is via a flight of narrow stairs only
- There is a wheelchair-accessible toilet at the rear of the building, available when the tearoom is open.