We’re recruiting: Tŷ Hyll Warden
Do you want to join an organisation that works to protect Snowdonia? Would you like to work in a beautiful place that’s rich with character, stories and people?
Owned by Cymdeithas Eryri Snowdonia Society for 30 years, Tŷ Hyll is a unique building set in a wildlife garden from which paths rise through a woodland nature reserve, with beehives at the far corner. You can read more about Tŷ Hyll here
The Snowdonia Society is looking for a special person to join its dedicated team on a part time basis. The job is based at Tŷ Hyll, the so called ‘Ugly House’ near Betws y Coed.
The work, which involves regular visits to Tŷ Hyll, is a rewarding mix of being:
A groundsperson – responsible for:
- routine care and maintenance of the house including roofs, gutters and paintwork
- routine care and maintenance of outbuildings, paths, boundaries, car park, compost toilet, visitor counters and more
- mucking in to assist staff/volunteers with woodland and garden management tasks when needed
- problem-solving, DIY, and organising and supervising minor contractor work
- supervise more major maintenance and repairs organised with the Society office
An ambassador for the Society:
- you will be good at chatting with visitors, inspiring them about the Society’s work.
- helping Society staff to make a success of events, to enhance the visitor experience and recruit new members
- maintaining signage, restocking and stock-taking leaflets, guidebooks, merchandise
- maintaining information room displays and the store room
A communicator – keeping things running smoothly by liaising with:
- Snowdonia Society’s Director, conservation staff, engagement officer, gardener, volunteers and trustees
- External contacts: tearoom staff, external agencies, adjacent property owners, etc
Could you be the person we are looking for? If so …
- You’ll be happy to take on initially a one-year contract at a pay rate to be agreed, with potential for this to be extended.
- You’ll appreciate the flexible hours – 400 a year initially. You’ll be able to fit these hours around your other commitments, providing you are willing to put in more hours during busy periods of the year and less in winter.
- You probably live close enough to be able to pop into Tŷ Hyll easily when you need to.
- You’re a fluent Welsh speaker or committed learner, eager to use Welsh at every opportunity.
Contact John Harold, the Society’s Director, to discuss: email@example.com 01286 685498
Closing date: May 3rd
Expected start: May 2019.