We are delighted to have been awarded the Fair Play Employer: Achieving Award accredited by Chwarae Teg. The Snowdonia Society strives to ensure equality, diversity and inclusion at all levels of our work – within our team of staff & trustees, our members and our volunteers. The Society is committed to being a supportive and forward-thinking organisation.
Since June 2021, the Society has been working hard, under the guidance of Chwarae Teg* through their Agile Nation 2 programme, to make positive and impactful changes. We have:
- Studied relevant legislation and best practice
- Developed new family friendly and equality driven policies
- Looked ahead by developing polices on neurodiversity and on menopause and menstruation
- Established best practice so that equality, diversity and inclusivity are recognised across our work.
This focus has already brought real change:
- successful staff recruitment based on the working culture of the Society.
- Strengthening our team, streamlining work and freeing staff time to focus on priorities
- improved delivery and experience for volunteers who work with us
We have gained a lot from this programme of work and are looking forward to building on it in coming years. This is very much the start of a journey for us. We are grateful to Chwarae Teg for all their support and guidance over the last year and delighted to have been awarded the Chwarae Teg ‘Achieving’ Fair Play Employer Award.
*Chwarae Teg is a Wales based charity working to support development of women in the workplace, as well as helping organisations like the Snowdonia Society to develop, improve and embed good working practices.