Events & Publicity Co-ordinator: Part time, 22.5 hours per week, some flexible working required.
Fixed term 1 year contract. Initial 3-month probationary period
£19,750 per annum (pro rata = £11,850 gross)
Cymdeithas Eryri the Snowdonia Society is a registered charity working to protect, enhance, and celebrate Snowdonia and its National Park.
The post is based at our office at Caban, Brynrefail, near Llanberis and involves travel across Snowdonia as required.
In 2017 we celebrate our 50th anniversary. To mark this milestone we will deliver an exciting and varied programme of events and projects. There will be something for everyone! Elements of the programme already in place include walks, talks, an exhibition, conference and a large-scale practical volunteering event: more will be added.
We are recruiting an Events & Publicity Co-ordinator to deliver this programme to a very high standard, engaging a wide range of people and communities with the Society’s work in this special year by delivering:
- co-ordinated planning of a varied programme of events
- close working with the Society’s partner organisations, staff, trustees and other volunteers to ensure effective delivery of the events
- effective pre- and post-event publicity across a wide range of media
- recruitment of new Snowdonia Society members and supporters
In this post you will work closely with staff, trustees and volunteers and will report to the Director. You will take day-to-day responsibility for ensuring that the programme is delivered to a high standard.
This is a part-time post of 22.5 hours per week. Flexibility in working days will be essential. Weekend and evening work will be required, for which ‘time off in lieu’ will be granted.
- Work with the Director, staff and trustees to develop, expand and, where appropriate, deliver a programme of public events to mark the Snowdonia Society’s 50th
- Plan with the attention to detail necessary to ensure that each event is a credit to the Society
- Recruit and support leaders and volunteers to deliver events
- Co-ordinate partners, volunteers and event leaders to ensure smooth running of events
- Administer the events, including advertising, bookings, translations, correspondence, Health and Safety records, and risk assessments.
- Use conventional and social media to promote widespread awareness of the events locally and nationally
- Produce and distribute publicity materials.
- Work to ensure that public engagement through events results in the recruitment of new Society members
- Contribute to the Society’s fundraising strategy
- Maintain written and photographic records of events for use in the Society’s website, magazine, conventional media and social media.
- Make efficient use of a modest budget
- Assist with other aspects of the Society’s work as necessary
The successful candidate will be an organised and outgoing person, strong on planning and attention to detail. You will be able to both spot and solve problems under pressure of time and resources.
You will have experience and knowledge of:-
- planning programmes of events, including practical/outdoor events
- using conventional and social media for publicity purposes
- working in partnership with a range of organisations,
- working with volunteers
- working in bilingual communities and organisations
- making projects work well with limited resources
You will be self-motivated, have excellent communication skills and be able to motivate diverse people to deliver their part in the events process.
This role will require you to communicate effectively in Welsh and English. Therefore both fluent Welsh speakers and highly competent learners are encouraged to apply.
You will be competent and confident in the use of IT including Word/Excel/Office, posting news items on websites, Facebook and Twitter.
A valid current driving licence and a vehicle with business use insurance are essential as some work will take place across Snowdonia and materials may need to be transported. Out-of-office mileage is reimbursed.
HOW TO APPLY
For an informal discussion about the post telephone John Harold on 01286 685498.
Download and complete our standard application form; alternatively contact the office on 01286 685498.
Please return the form by email to email@example.com, or by post to Mary-Kate Jones, Snowdonia Society, Caban, Brynrefail, Gwynedd, LL55 3NR.
Closing date: 12:00 midday 13th December 2016
Shortlisted candidates will be notified by: 16th December 2016
Interviews will be held on: 20th December 2016
Anticipated start date: As soon as possible in January 2017